Make Mozzarella and Ricotta cheese at home with this easy-to-use kit. Perfect for beginners, this kit makes a great gift.
- Mozzarella takes approximately 30 minutes to make.
- Mozzarella can be made using cow milk, goat milk, or powdered milk. Avoid ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk.
- Mozzarella yield: ¾ pound per batch; Ricotta yield: 1½-2 pounds per batch
- Each kit contains instructions and supplies to make either
- 10 batches of Mozzarella and 9 batches of Ricotta or
- 16 batches of Mozzarella or
- 24 batches of Ricotta.
This kit includes:
- 1 yard Butter Muslin (fine-weave cheesecloth)
- 4 oz. Citric Acid
- 5 Vegetable Rennet Tablets
- 8 oz. Cheese Salt
- Instruction and Recipe Booklet
Storage: Store in a cool dry place. Once received, store rennet tablets in the freezer for maximum viability.
Tips for Buying Milk for Cheese Making: The more highly processed the milk (prior to cheesemaking), the more difficult it will be to make proper cheese curd. We recommend using local milk that has not been treated for long transit time. Mozzarella and Ricotta can be made with lactose-free milk. (Be sure to avoid UHT/UP milk.)
Questions on Mozzarella and Ricotta Cheese Kit
Items 1 to 10 of 15 total
- From Deanna at 1/26/2013 6:34 AM
- From christtina at 2/8/2013 9:51 AM
- From Alicia at 3/7/2013 3:17 PM
- From Jislayne at 3/7/2013 6:24 PM
- From Shirley at 3/7/2013 10:21 PM
- From Don at 4/3/2013 6:20 PM
- From Abi at 6/17/2013 3:02 PM
- From Wendy at 8/15/2013 12:05 AM
- Do I need to have a microwave to make the mozzarella? What equipment do I need other than milk & the kit? Thank you.
- No microwave or other special equipment necessary. A long curd knife would be helpful, but any knife with a long blade would work fine. You may review the recipe here: http://www.culturesforhealth.com/media/docs/Mozzarella_Cheese_Kit_Booklet.pdf
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Cheryl at 9/3/2013 1:55 PM
- From Lesley at 11/16/2013 1:14 PM
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- great family project, easy to use Review by lori
Value Quality Price
I found this company through a search engine as our son wanted to learn cheese-making. We bought it for his birthday, everything was included, all you need is milk, he had alot of fun making moz. cheese and it turned out perfectly the first time. He will be trying ricotta cheese this week. I also downloaded and printed out the free cheesemaking book. We will definitely be ordering more supplies and perhaps the hard chessemaking kit. I would recommend this company and their kits to anyone who wants to try cheesemaking.
(Posted on 8/2/2014)
- extremely easy to use Review by Jeri
Price Value Quality
The kit came with everything necessary to make several soft cheeses including easy to follow instructions. I would and have recommended this product and website to my friends.
(Posted on 7/1/2014)
- very good product Review by pink
Price Value Quality
easy to use
(Posted on 2/27/2014)
- It was a great gift. Review by Stella Rose
Quality Price Value
I purchased this as a gift for someone hard to buy for. He loved it. The first batch, not a success, second batch he was a pro. He had fun with it and the finished product was great. He is already checking out how to make other cheeses. I love finding special gifts and would recommend this idea to anyone.
(Posted on 12/16/2013)