Make homemade Mozzarella and Ricotta cheese at home with this easy-to-use kit. Perfect for beginners, this kit makes a great gift. Mozzarella takes approximately 30 minutes to make. Mozzarella can be made using cow milk, goat milk, or powdered milk. Each kit contains instructions and supplies to make approximately 20 batches of Mozzarella (3/4 pound per batch) and 10+ batches of Ricotta (1-1/2 to 2 pounds per batch). Just add milk!
This kit includes:
- 1 yard Butter Muslin (fine-weave cheesecloth)
- 4 oz. Citric Acid
- 5 Vegetable Rennet Tablets
- 8 oz. Cheese Salt
- Instruction and Recipe Booklet
Storage: Store in a cool dry place. Once received, store rennet tablets in the freezer for maximum viability.
Tips for Buying Milk for Cheese Making: The more highly processed the milk (prior to cheesemaking), the more difficult it will be to make proper cheese curd. We always recommend using local milk that has not been treated for long transit time. Mozzarella and Ricotta can be made with lactose-free milk. (Be sure to avoid UHT/UP milk.)
Questions on Mozzarella and Ricotta Cheese Kit
Items 1 to 10 of 12 total
- From Deanna at 1/26/13 6:34 AM
- From christtina at 2/8/13 9:51 AM
- From Alicia at 3/7/13 3:17 PM
- From Jislayne at 3/8/13 6:24 PM
- From Shirley at 3/8/13 10:21 PM
- From Don at 4/3/13 6:20 PM
- From Abi at 6/17/13 3:02 PM
- From Wendy at 8/15/13 12:05 AM
- Do I need to have a microwave to make the mozzarella? What equipment do I need other than milk & the kit? Thank you.
- No microwave necessary for the traditional method. You'll find the recipe here: http://www.culturesforhealth.com/make-traditional-mozzarella-cheese-recipe/ A long curd knife would be helpful but you can certainly use what you have on hand.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Cheryl at 9/3/13 1:55 PM
- From Lesley at 11/16/13 1:14 PM