Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.
Product was successfully added to your comparison list.
Mozzarella Leeks with Oil and Vinegar
Leeks add just the right amount of tang to creamy mozzarella for this savory side dish.
- 2 pounds fresh leeks, rinsed and drained (just the white parts)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (with the mother)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Boil the leeks in water with a pinch of salt for 7 to 10 minutes, or until they are cooked but still firm. Drain away the water.
- Put the hot leeks into a glass baking dish, and cover them with a layer of basil leaves. Lay the sliced cheese over the basil.
- Place the dish, uncovered, into the oven. Watch it, and when the cheese has melted and is bubbly and slightly browning, pull it out.
- Mix the oil and vinegar together, mix in some salt and pepper to taste, and drizzle it over the cheese.
This dish is great if served hot with a loaf of freshly baked bread.
Ready to Learn More?