Calf Lipase powder for home cheese making. Lipase enzymes enhance the flavor of Italian and specialty type cheeses. The active lipase enzyme will produce a specific ratio of free fatty acids as a result of milkfat lipolysis when added directly to milk.
Calf Lipase has a mild "picante" flavor. Use mild lipase powder to make Mozzarella, Asiago, Provolone, Feta and Blue cheeses.
2 oz. bottle; store in freezer for up to six months for optimal performance (after six months, a larger quantity may be required to achieve desired taste).
Use as directed in chosen recipe or as follows: For 2 gallons of milk, dissolve 1/8-1/4 tsp. lipase powder in ½ c. cool water 30 minutes before use. Add to milk just prior to rennet. Amount can be adjusted to taste not to exceed ¼ tsp. per 2 gallons of milk.
Questions on Mild Lipase Powder
- From sean at 12/15/2014 11:54 AM
- From Anthony at 8/29/2014 12:49 PM
- Would like to make Mozzarella for first time. Your page describes Lipase as mild. I assume that there is a strong or weak. What is the difference and which will produce the Italian style I'm familiar with cheese stores?
- We do carry 3 flavors of lipase powder. Mild, Traditional (http://www.culturesforhealth.com/traditional-peccorino-lipase-powder.html) and Sharp (http://www.culturesforhealth.com/very-sharp-peccorino-lipase-powder-lamb.html).
MIld Lipase is used for Mozzarella, Asiago and blue cheeses. Traditional Lipase is used for Romano, Provolone, and Feta cheeses. Sharp Lipase ideal for Romano cheese
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- Great products Review by mimiwood1
Value Quality Price
A great product at a terrific price! The quality is the same as the other outstanding products I purchased from Cultures for Health.
(Posted on 11/28/2014)
Starter cultures, rennet for cheese making and cultured vegetables, juices and condiments are sensitive to excessive heat. Once your order has shipped, an e-mail with tracking information will be sent to you. We encourage you to use the tracking information to anticipate the arrival of your items so they can be removed from the mail box and stored in the refrigerator promptly.