For semi-soft and fresh cheeses including Cheddar, Colby, Monterey Jack, Feta, Chevre, etc.
Eight packets of direct-set culture. Use as directed by your recipe or at the following rate: 1 packet per gallon of milk, 2 packets per 2-5 gallons, or 4 packets per 5-10 gallons.
- (LL) Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- (LLC) Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
What is a Direct-Set culture? Direct-Set cultures are a one-time-use culture, they cannot be recultured (i.e. perpetuated beyond the single batch). Direct-Set cultures are often preferred by cheese makers as they require no maintenance or care. Simply keep the packet in the freezer and remove the portion for your recipe when it's time to make cheese. Most Direct-Set cultures contain multiple doses to inoculate multiple batches.
Questions on Mesophilic Direct Set Culture
Items 11 to 14 of 14 total
- From KC at 11/14/11 8:48 PM
- From Michelle at 8/2/11 11:47 PM
- From ph at 3/20/11 9:13 PM
- How do you make this cheese? Do yo have a how-to video? Is it as easy as kefir or yogurt?
- This culture can be used to make a variety of cheeses. There are instructions included with the product, but we don't yet have any cheese-making videos. (We're working on it!) There are some cheese-making FAQs here: http://www.culturesforhealth.com/expert-advice/Cheese_Making/Cheese-Making-FAQ.html, and we do have some books available as well.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Alisha at 12/9/10 9:27 PM
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- Happy with product Review by Marti
Price Value Quality
(Posted on November 11, 2013)
- Mesophilic culture Review by Auggie
Quality Value Price
Starter cultures, rennet for cheese making and cultured vegetables, juices and condiments are sensitive to excessive heat. Once your order has shipped, an e-mail with tracking information will be sent to you. We encourage you to use the tracking information to anticipate the arrival of your items so they can be removed from the mail box and stored in the refrigerator promptly.