$3.99 Flat Rate Shipping* Click here for details
A mesophilic starter culture used for specialty cheeses, sour cream and cultured butter including goat milk cheese, Havarti, Gouda, Baby Swiss, Edam, Blue Cheese, etc.
10 gram packet.
Usage rate: Soft and fresh cheeses, 50 grams per 100 liters milk. Please note, the usage rate is supplied by the manufacturer. Always use the amount of culture required by your specific recipe. This is a direct-set culture.
- (LL) Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- (LLC) Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
- (LLD) Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis biovar diacetylactis
- (LMC) Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremoris
- Contains lactose as a carrier
What is a Direct-Set culture? Direct-Set cultures are a one-time-use culture, they cannot be recultured (i.e. perpetuated beyond the single batch). Direct-Set cultures are often preferred by cheese makers as they require no maintenance or care. Simply keep the packet in the freezer and remove the portion for your recipe when it's time to make cheese. Most Direct-Set cultures contain multiple doses to inoculate multiple batches.
Questions on Mesophilic Aromatic Type B Starter Culture
- From Missy at 5/19/2011 9:58 AM
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
Updating your cart...