Make larger batches of tea for Kombucha. Also useful for herbs and spices.
Eliminate the waste of paper tea bags. Stainless steel, 3-inch mesh tea ball infuser. Fill half full with loose tea and place in hot water to steep tea.
Stainless steel tea infusers are safe to use when making Kombucha as long as they are removed prior to the culture being added to the tea.
Questions on Mesh Tea Ball Infuser 3 inch
- From Timothy at 10/23/2013 7:55 AM
- Straining the seeds out of kefir is a bit of a pain. Suppose I put the seeds in this ball, and suspended the ball in the milk. Then I'd just need to pull out the ball to remove the seeds. Since it's made of stainless steel, it shouldn't cause any chemical complications. Do you think this would work?
- This would be fine as long as the grains have plenty of room in the tea ball and you're sure it is stainless steel. It would be helpful to swirl the tea ball around in the jar a few times during the culturing process. This will more evenly distribute the yeast and bacteria throughout the milk and give the grains better access to fresh food.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Teresa at 2/12/2014 5:02 PM
- From Sharon at 6/7/2014 10:37 AM
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- I love these things as I drink green tea every morning. Review by Blue Papaya Girl
Quality Price Value
Love these tea balls. I wish y'all did have one to make kombacha as metal is not good to use when making tea for kombacha, right??
Response from CFH: Preparing the tea with stainless steel is acceptable. It is the SCOBY itself that cannot be in contact with metal.
(Posted on 3/18/2014)
- It works Review by sawalt
Quality Price Value
I'm pleased with this product.
(Posted on 11/25/2013)
- Okay. Review by Beth
Price Value Quality
I was surprised that the mesh was not just a bit finer as the holes still allow a fair amount of tea leaves to sift through. This means you still need a strainer with finer holes if you don't want tea particles left after brewing. (So glad I also ordered the plastic mesh strainer which works great for this!)
(Posted on 12/4/2012)