A traditional Czech pilsner, crisp and dry with a clean, lingering bitterness which refreshes the palate.
- This ingredient kit makes 6 US Gal (23 L).
- Includes Workhorse Yeast, 10g (Please note there is no need to purchase extra yeast with this kit)
- This brewery pouch is divided into two sections: One side contains liquid brewing extract. The other side is dry and contains a high quality yeast strain.
- Net Weight: 5.5 lb (2.5 kg) | Pouch Dimensions: 8.5 inches wide x 12.5 inches tall
- Manufactured in the UK from local and imported ingredients.
- Please note this is an ingredient kit. Equipment and bottling supplies need to be purchased separately.
Recipe No.6 Pilsner Details:
- ABV Approx: 4.7% | Bitterness: IBU 28-36 | Bitterness Rating: 3/5 | Color Approx: Golden
- Pouch is cold filled to retain the unique flavors.
- Yeast and malt specifically selected for each style of beer.
Additional Equipment and Ingredients Involved in Brewing Pilsner:
- Required Equipment: 30 L (8 Gallon) Fermenter with Airlock, Hydrometer, Thermometer, Brewer’s Spoon. All essential equipment (not including the bottles) can be found in the Brewcraft USA Homebrewer’s Starter Kit (Deluxe or Standard).
- Optional Ingredients: Dextrose Brewng Sugar or Copper Tun Brew Enhancer can be added to improve the flavour, mouthfeel as well as the head formation and retention of the beer. Please note we offer a non-GMO dextrose option.
- Required Bottling Supplies: Carbonation Drops for priming, 30 x 750 mL bottles (45 x 500 mL bottles OR 65 x 12 fl oz bottles), bottle caps (if using 12 fl oz bottles) and capper (if using 12 fl oz bottles and caps).
Instructions for Opening the Brewery Pouch:
- Be prepared to start brewing once the pouch is opened. (Do not open the pouch until ready to brew.)
- Stand the pouch on a flat surface and carefully cut across the top of the pouch.
- While holding the base to stabilize it, remove the yeast sachet from the 'dry' compartment and set aside.
Instructions for Using Pilsner Brewery Pouch:
- Step 1: Add malt extract, 1kg (2.2 lb) brew enhancer or dextrose brewing sugar and 3L (3 quarts) of boiling water to your 30 L (8 Gallon) fermenter. Stir to dissolve
- Step 2: Top up to 23 L (6 Gallons) with cold water, stir in the beer yeast and get a good whiff. That’s what craftsmanship smells like.
- Step 3: Leave to ferment at 68-77° F for 10 days. Pace floor anxiously.
- Step 4: Bottle and mature for 3 weeks before drinking for maximum bragging rights.
Additional manufacturer's instructions included in the brewery pouch.
Storage and Shelf Life Information:
Store under tight ambient conditions, away from sunlight in an upright position.
Want to Learn More About Homebrewing?