Yummy cheese puffs don’t have to come out of a bag to be delicious! Make these at home and surprise your family.
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded, aged (3 to 6 months) Manchego cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, butter, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add the flour and stir vigorously until well incorporated.
- Stirring constantly, cook the dough until it begins to feel dry to the touch and forms a ball that does not stick to the bottom of your saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Using a rubber spatula, begin to beat in eggs one at a time, thoroughly blending in the last before adding the next.
- Set aside 3 tablespoons of the Manchego, and add the remaining Manchego and all of the parmesan cheese to the dough. Mix gently and consistently until thoroughly incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon or large dinner spoon, begin dropping rounds of dough onto the lined baking sheets about 1/2 inch apart. Evenly sprinkle the set-aside Manchego cheese over the top of the dollops.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes.
Serve hot, cold or at room temperature. Store in a plastic container with a lid in the refrigerator.
Ready to learn more?