This smooth, rich sauce transforms a plain piece of poached fish into a gourmet delight.
- 1 cup plain full-fat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- A few grinds of black pepper
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Mix yogurt, lemon juice, egg yolks, salt, pepper, and mustard in the top of a double boiler.
- Whisk together and heat over simmering water, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in dill, and cool slightly before serving over poached salmon.