While any yogurt makes good frozen yogurt, our Matsoni Yogurt Starter is particularly tasty when frozen.
For a different flavor, substitute approximately 1/3 cup honey (preferably raw) for sugar.
- 9 ounces strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 6 Tbsp. milk
- 2/3 cup + 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups yogurt
- If using frozen strawberries, thaw the berries. Mash with a mortar and pestle or puree with a blender.
- Use a hand mixer to dissolve the sugar in the milk. Add the strawberries and mix. Mix vanilla and yogurt into milk mixture.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- No ice cream maker? Choose an option from our article on How to Make Cultured Ice Cream Without A Machine.