When it’s cold outside and you need a hearty breakfast to prepare you for the day, this will fit the bill!
- About 24 hours before serving, combine the oats, warm water, yogurt or buttermilk, and melted coconut oil or butter in a large bowl. Pat it down a little so that it is mostly one large doughy mass. Let sit in a warm place over night.
- In the morning preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the bowl of soaking oats on top of the oven to warm up.
- Butter a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Combine the eggs, molasses, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, and sea salt in a medium bowl. Add to the oat mixture and stir in with a wooden spoon, making sure to break up the oat mixture and mix in thoroughly.
- Stir in walnuts and raisins. Pour into the buttered pan and bake at 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Serve warm with milk and additional nuts and raisins if desired, or serve cold with yogurt and additional honey.