A berry good start to any day, these muffins are the perfect addition to brunch or great for grabbing on the go.
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup plain, fresh yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a muffin tin or line with muffin papers.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- In another medium bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture gradually, alternating with the yogurt, folding it in after each addition. End with the dry ingredients.
- Once all of the yogurt and dry ingredients have been added to the butter mixture, continue mixing until just combined.
- Fold in raspberries.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, filling a little more than half full.
- Bake muffins 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.