Piimä cream can be used in place of sour cream and makes a delicious topping to almost any dish.
- 2 Tbsp. piimä yogurt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- Add piimä yogurt to room temperature cream. Mix to combine.
- Cover the container with a loose lid (a coffee filter or tight-weave towel secured with a rubber band works well).
- Culture at room temperature for 12 to 18 hours or until the cream has thickened.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving to halt the culturing process.