Make delightful non-dairy hemp milk yogurt at home. No additives, fillers, or preservatives in this amazing recipe!
NOTE: To make 2 quarts non-dairy yogurt, use 3-4 teaspoons pectin powder, and 3-4 teaspoons calcium water with 1 packet of Vegan Yogurt Starter.
Some alternative milks have added calcium. If the milk thickens in the blender when pectin is added, do not use calcium water. Doing so can result in overly thickened yogurt.
- Combine pectin powder with 1 cup milk in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat remaining 3 cups milk in a saucepan with calcium water to 140ºF.
- Add reserved milk and pectin.
- Return milk to 140ºF and remove from heat.
- When milk cools to 110ºF, sprinkle vegan yogurt starter over the surface.
- Stir well to combine.
- Pour into a clean, 1-quart glass jar and culture at 105-112ºF for 8-10 hours.
- Shake or stir and refrigerate. Yogurt will not thicken until after refrigeration time. Thickening may take up to 24 hours.