Here’s a super simple recipe using some of the summer’s fruit bounty. It’s a great finish for a summer barbeque and the leftovers (if there are any) are delicious for breakfast!
- 4 large fresh ripe freestone-variety peaches
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (can substitute frozen if needed)
- 1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt
- Honey or other sweetener to taste
- Peel peaches by plunging briefly into boiling water to loosen skins, or leave skins on.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pit. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Place directly on a grill over hot coals and cook until just barely soft and grill marks show on both sides.
- Mix raspberries and yogurt together in a blender or food processor and blend until combined. Sweeten to taste.
- Place grilled peach halves in individual bowls or on a serving platter and drizzle with sauce. Place remaining sauce in a bowl and serve alongside peaches.