For those who choose to avoid dairy this is a great alternative to sugary gelatin desserts. The coconut yogurt supplies a healthy dose of probiotics.
- 1/4 cup juice from defrosted strawberries or 1/4 cup coconut water
- 2 Tbsp. gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups coconut milk yogurt
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pour strawberry juice into a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over juice and soften 5 minutes.
- Slowly heat juice, stirring constantly, just until gelatin dissolves. Set aside.
- Blend yogurt, berries, honey, and vanilla in a blender until smooth. Pour gelatin mixture in and blend again very briefly.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch square pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut into hearts and lift each heart out of pan with a spatula.