The addition of yogurt to this basic muffin recipe adds flavor and lift.
- 2 cups sifted white or whole wheat flour, or combination
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ cup organic sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 2 ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Prior to baking, combine flour and yogurt. Cover bowl and soak 12 hours or overnight at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Add remaining ingredients through egg. Stir to combine, but do not over-mix.
- Gently fold in berries.
- Fill muffin tins ⅔ full. Bake 20-25 minutes.