This classically flavored water kefir will quickly become a favorite in the summer months, when strawberries are ripe.
- 3-1/2 cups water kefir
- 1/2 cup pureed strawberries
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Pour the water kefir into airtight bottles, dividing it evenly between two or three bottles.
- Using a funnel, divide the pureed strawberries evenly between bottles.
- Cut the lemon in half, juice, and divide juice evenly between bottles.
- Cap the bottles and second-ferment 1-3 days, depending on the desired level of carbonation.
- Place the bottles of flavored water kefir into the refrigerator and serve chilled.