Mint, lime, and sweet-tangy water kefir come together to form this incredibly refreshing drink, perfect for a hot day. Pour over ice and serve it to your guests with a sprig of mint while you shoot the breeze on your front porch.
- 3-4 cups cultured water kefir
- 1 Tbsp. mint leaves, bruised to release flavor
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1-2 tsp. sugar (optional)
- Combine water kefir with mint, lime juice, and sugar in airtight bottles, leaving headspace in each.
- Cap tightly and culture 24-72 hours.
- Chill. Serve cold.