The natural goodness of coconut water is further enhanced with the addition of probiotics from the water kefir culture.
Note: Ideally water kefir grains should be cultured in sugar water (¼ cup sugar and 1 quart water) for 24-48 hours, in between making coconut water kefir. The sugar water will feed and refresh the kefir grains to keep them healthy.
- 1 quart coconut water
- 3 Tbsp. Water Kefir Grains
- Optional flavoring: 1 cup fresh fruit (mixtures of berries, lemon, etc. work best)
- Activate dehdyrated grains first using sugar water. Once the grains are making good water kefir using sugar water, they are ready to use with coconut water.
- Place the water kefir grains in the coconut water. Cover the jar loosely with a tight-weave towel or coffee filter, secured with a rubber band.
- Culture the coconut water 24-48 hours. Once the culturing process is complete, remove the kefir grains.
- To add fruit flavoring, puree together the coconut water kefir and the fruit.