Sprouted barley flour creates a moist, tender muffin which is especially delicious when paired with apples and cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease or line a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the barley flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon with a fork. In a separate bowl, combine the melted fat, honey, eggs, and buttermilk. Whisk liquid ingredients until completely combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet in three increments, stirring just to moisten the flour after each addition. Add the apple and fold in gently, stirring just until all ingredients are combined.
- Fill prepared muffin cups until nearly full. Bake 25-30 minutes or until the muffins are set on top and no batter shows when tested with a toothpick.
- Cool a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Serve with butter.