Traditional, easy, and classic!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tps. baking powder
- 1/2 tps. baking soda
- 1/2 tps. salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or shortening
- 1 cup fresh sourdough starter
- Sift dry ingredients together and cut in coconut oil or shortening.
- Add sourdough starter and mix just until blended. Place dough on a floured board and knead lightly
- Roll the dough ½ inch thick and cut into biscuits.
- Place biscuits on a greased cookie sheet and brush the tops with melted butter. Let rise one hour in a warm place .
- Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes.