Moist, rich, and delicious, banana bread is great for breakfast, snack, or dessert.
- 1/2 cup butter, palm shortening, or coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh sourdough starter
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Cream together the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Mix in the sourdough starter and mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to banana mixture and mix just until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9x5-inch bread pan. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool completely prior to slicing.