Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and full of sourdough goodness, this is everything you could want in a baguette. This simple recipe makes two loaves of fresh bread you won’t believe came from your own oven.
Serve warm with butter or the next day as a thin subway sandwich bread.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle just a couple of tablespoons of flour onto a work surface and knead the dough slightly. It should be a little sticky; avoid adding too much flour to it while kneading.
- Form the dough into a ball and cut in half. Form each half into a long baguette shape. Place the formed baguettes onto a baguette pan or a greased cookie sheet.
- Cover lightly with a damp towel and let rise until double in size in a warm place, 3-6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake baguettes 15 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Remove to a cooling rack for at least 20 minutes and serve.