These pancakes, loaded with vegetables and protein, make an exciting and interesting supper. They are not at all similar to the fluffy pancakes you serve for breakfast. They are not leavened with baking soda and so are more flat and rich, resembling a fritter. Serve them up with a creamy, spicy, zingy sauce to cut the richness and you’ll receive rave reviews.
- In a large bowl beat eggs. Use a box grater to grate carrots, cabbage, onion, and cheese right over eggs. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika and mix well.
- Pour starter over contents of bowl and mix just to combine. Let stand five minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons of cooking fat.
- Once skillet is well-heated, ladle ⅓-cup portions into hot fat to fry pancakes. Fry 3-5 minutes or until they are browned and can flip easily. Cook through on the other side.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.