This easy, homemade shampoo recipe will leave your hair soft and smelling wonderfully. You can even get creative and try out different essential oils with the shampoo base and carrier oils.
- In a small shampoo bottle or mason jar, mix all the ingredients.
- Gently shake to combine.
- Store tightly covered in the shower until ready to use.
Dispense a quarter-sized amount for washing hair, focusing on washing from scalp to ends. Rinse thoroughly and repeat as needed.
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
Store in a sealed container. Will keep for up to 18 months.
A Few Safety Notes...
- Certain essential oils are not safe for use on children or when pregnant. For more information consult these guidelines on essential oil safety.
Ready to Learn More?
- See what else you can do with your coconut oil: 15 Personal Care Tricks Using Coconut Oil
- Try more homemade shampoo recipes: DIY Dry-Scalp Shampoo | Vanilla-Honey Shampoo
- Or, use tea tree EO in other body care recipes: Almond and Tea Tree Oil Cuticle Cream | Rosemary and Tea Tree Oil Body Butter | Soothing Pimple Paste