Affordable to make, this deodorant helps effectively fight odor without irritating sensitive skin or leaving white residue. Plus, with only 3 ingredients, this deodorant is so simple to make that it's a great recipe to get anyone started making homemade, personal care products!
- Microwave-safe container OR double boiler
- Stirring utensils
- Place shea butter in a microwave-safe container, or the bowl of a double boiler. Using a microwave: Heat for approximately 30 seconds, or until shea butter is fully melted. Using a double boiler: Heat on low heat until shea butter has melted.
- Add baking soda and whisk well to combine.
- Remove mixture from heat, add essential oils and stir gently.
- Pour mixture into 2.5 oz deodorant container, or other container of choice, and place in the fridge to let set.
- Roll on deodorant daily, or as needed.
- The consistency will depend on room temperature.
- If consistency is too soft, you can store your deodorant in the fridge.
- In cooler weather, the consistency will be solid but will spread nicely on contact.
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
Deodorant should last up to 2 years. Store in a cool, dark place to extend shelf life.