A simple bar made from wholesome oatmeal and spicy cinnamon, this soap will bring thoughts of oatmeal cookies and homemade goodness. Because cinnamon is used, caution should be exercised for those with very sensitive skin. With only 3 ingredients, this bar is easy to make but will still impress your friends and family with its warm, delicious scent!
- Double Boiler OR Microwave Safe Glass Measuring Cup
- 2 Guest Bee Soap Molds OR Soap Mold of Choice
- Rubbing Alcohol in a Small Spray Bottle
- Prepare a double boiler for melting the soap.
- Cut the block of soap into ½ inch to 1 inch pieces and place in the top of the double boiler with the heat on very low.
Mixing & Melting:
- Melt the soap base, stirring periodically, until the soap is mostly melted. Turn off the heat and allow the residual heat to finish the melting process.
Alternatively, melt the soap in a glass heat-proof container in the microwave, starting with a 30 second interval. Stir to break up the pieces of soap and return to the microwave for an additional 10 seconds. Stir the soap again and repeat with five second intervals until the soap is completely melted.
Be careful to avoid allowing the soap to bubble up which can indicate too much time in the microwave.
- Stir the ground cinnamon into the melted soap base, mixing carefully to avoid creating too many bubbles.
- Once the soap is completely melted, mix in the cinnamon essential oil, again stirring gently to avoid creating extra bubbles.
- Place the soap molds or molds of choice onto a level surface where it can be left undisturbed for at least 30 minutes, or up to several hours.
- Pour the soap mixture into your chosen soap molds, taking care to not spill the hot soap as you go. If bubbles begin to form on the surface of the poured soap, simply spritz them with the rubbing alcohol and watch them dissipate.
Cooling & Packaging:
- Let the soap cool for at least three hours or overnight. Once set, apply firm but gentle pressure around the soap mold to release the bars from the mold.
- Package the bars according to their specific packaging needs. Use as a cleansing facial bar or an all-purpose handwashing bar.
Ready To Learn More?
More Homemade Soap Recipes!