With its sleep-aiding and calming effects, magnesium makes a wonderful ingredient for a body butter. This body butter recipe is perfect to use right before bed.
- Jar for melting ingredients
- Mixing bowl
- Hand or immersion blender
- Airtight storage container
- In a quart jar, combine the coconut oil, shea butter, avocado oil, and emulsifying wax.
- Fill a pan with about 1 inch of water and place the jar in the pan. Heat over medium heat, stirring the ingredients in the jar until they are all melted and well combined.
- Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, and mix with a hand blender or immersion blender on medium-low speed. Slowly add the magnesium oil as you blend.
- Once the mixture is well combined, place the bowl in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove the body butter from the fridge and whip one last time to create a body butter texture.
- Scoop the body butter into a small plastic jar, and store on your bedside table for use right before bed.
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Body butter should keep for up to 6 months.
- Follow these helpful tips to determine when your product has reached its shelf life