Honey may seem an odd ingredient to use in a shampoo, but combined with the right ingredients, it can add body and health to your hair. Rosemary cleans and disinfects, and it helps to treat a flaky, imbalanced scalp.
- Place water in a small saucepan and warm gently over low heat until warm but not hot. Remove from heat.
- Add castile soap, olive oil, and raw honey. Whisk until well combined. Cool in the pan.
- Pour the shampoo carefully into a quart jar or other airtight glass container of choice. Add essential oil and seal the container tightly. Shake to combine.
How to Use Honey Rosemary Shampoo:
- Gently pour or spray over wet hair. Use only as much as needed to coat the hair and work up a slight lather.
- Rub into hair and scalp from root to tips.
- Rinse well with warm water and apple cider vinegar, if desired.
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
Store in glass jar or other container, in a cool place. Shampoo should last 3-4 weeks.