Help maintain a golden glow year round and accentuate your natural bone structure with this homemade bronzing lotion. Using all natural ingredients, you can formulate a sun-kissed bronze that is perfect for your skin tone.
- Dust mask (Though pigments are safe and non-toxic, they can stain clothes and hands. A mask is also helpful to prevent accidental inhalation of powders.)
- Wax paper
Color Combinations to Try:
- For cool-toned skin: 1 tbsp orchid, 1 tbsp brown, 1 tsp americana oxide
- For warm-toned skin: 1 tbsp combine americana red oxide, 1 tbsp brown, 1 tbsp yellow oxide.
- Tip: To darken or lighten the color, add more or less pigment powder than called for. Do not add black or white powder.
- Determine a color that flatters your skin tone by combining dry ingredients together in small amounts. Test the shade by swiping a small amount across your forearm. Remember the dry ingredient ratios that work best.
- Once you've created your desired color, mix the full amounts of dry ingredients using the ratios determined in the previous step. Scoop powders onto wax paper and stir well to combine.
- Add the arrowroot and stir well to combine.
- Pour all the powders from wax paper into a mixing bowl.
- Add the lotion base and mix well.
- Let mixture sit for at least an hour to allow colors to combine well.
- Pour mixture back into lotion base bottle.