Inexpensive and non-toxic, this recipe is a great alternative to store bought face paint. Using pigment powders allows you to create a wide variety of vibrant, custom colors for Halloween, birthday parties or other special occasions!
- Combine arrowroot powder with lotion base and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in sweet almond oil. You can use the entire arrowroot-lotion-oil mixture to make one color or separate it into smaller containers to make a variety of colors. (The lip balm tins or plastic jars work nicely).
- Combine pigment powder with arrowroot-lotion-oil mixture in each container, adding ⅛ tsp of pigment powder at a time. Stir well and add more pigment powder as needed to create the desired color(s).
- Pigment powders are safe and non-toxic, and intended for use in soap and cosmetic products. With the exception of a few colors, all are safe and approved in the US for eye, lip and skin cosmetics.
- Not approved for lips: lavender, orchid, cobalt blue, teal green, woodland green.
- Although face paint is approved for eye cosmetics, like any makeup it is best to avoid direct contact with eyes.
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
Store in the refrigerator for best results. Face paint should last 3-6 months.