This basic recipe can be used to make eyeliner or lip liner in a pencil form, for quick and easy application. This wax-based formula is all-natural; it contains jojoba oil and vitamin E, which act as preservatives and nourish your skin. Bentonite clay helps the eyeliner glide smoothly and hold throughout the day.
This recipe is easy to make in a variety of colors!
- Place beeswax and shea butter in a glass bowl. Melt using one of the following methods: Microwave in 30 second intervals or place glass bowl over a pot of hot water.
- Add jojoba oil, vitamin E oil, and bentonite clay to the bowl; mix with a toothpick or small wooden stirring stick until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in a small amount of color, then gradually increase amount until desired shade is reached.
- At any point during the process, if the mixture starts to harden, warm ingredients as in step 1 until the mixture is a pourable consistency.
- Use a syringe or eye dropper to fill pencils or straws, and set upright until it they have fully cooled and set. If using straws, cover one end with tape or foil to hold mixture in until it cools.
- After the pencil has completely hardened, sharpen the pencil to use as lip or eye liner. If the base is somewhat soft, put the pencils in the freezer for a bit before sharpening.
NOTE: When adjusting color for DIY make-up products, it helps to test it on your own skin. To test, dip a toothpick or butter knife into the mix, cool, and test product on your skin to judge color. Make adjustments as desired.