This creamy eyeshadow goes on smoothly using beeswax, shea butter and jojoba oil for the base. Blend pigment powders to customize your own lush hues.
- Dust mask (Though pigments are safe and non-toxic, they can stain clothes and hands. A mask is also helpful to prevent accidental inhalation of powders.)
- Wax paper
- Double boiler
Color Combination Suggestions:
- 2 Tbsp. beeswax granules
- 2 Tbsp. shea butter
- 1 tsp. jojoba oil, or other carrier oil of choice (see our Carrier Oil Comparisonfor additional information)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. glycerin
- 1 tsp. vitamin E oil
- 3 Tbsp. of your choice of pigment powders. The color sampler is a perfect way to experiment and create a wide variety of custom shades.
- First determine your desired colors by scooping small amounts of pigments carefully onto wax paper and stirring to combine.
- Once you decide on a color combination, mix together the full 3 tablespoons of pigment on wax paper and set aside.
- In a double boiler, combine beeswax and shea butter and heat slowly.
- Once melted, remove from heat, add jojoba oil, glycerin and vitamin E oil and stir.
- Pour pigment powder(s) from wax paper into cream mixture and stir well until fully combined and smooth.
- Scoop into desired airtight container to let cool and set for 24 hours.
For best results, wait at least a day before using. Using an eyeshadow brush or Q-tip, gently smooth cream eyeshadow on your eyelids. Blend different colors to create desired look.
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
Store in a cool, dry place. Like most makeup, product should be discarded and replaced every 3 months.