After a day out in the garden, treat your hands to this soothing salve to repair rough, cracked skin. Made with herbal infused oil, it smells delightful and makes a lovely gift for a gardening friend, or for your own hardworking hands.
- In a clean jar, pour olive oil over dried plant material, ensuring that oil is covering herbs by at least 1 inch.
- Place jar in a pot of water and heat at a gentle simmer for about 3-4 hours.
- Strain oil through cheesecloth into another clean jar.
- Add beeswax and cocoa butter.
- Place jar into pot of water and heat gently until beeswax is fully melted.
- Pour mixture into salve containers and let cool.