Begin with mineral rich Epsom salts, add botanicals and essential oils, and then pack into fillable ornament balls to make rejuvenating bath salts that double as festive ornaments. This simple bath product makes a decorative holiday gift.
- Food processor or grinding equipment
- Fillable ornament balls (can be found at craft stores)
- Epsom salts can be left white for a snowy look, colored blue for an icy effect or green for a forest floor. To dye, mix together 1 cup Epsom salts with 2-4 drops of food coloring and 1 tsp water in a bowl. Stir well until salt is coated.
- Combine Epsom salt, sea salt, baking soda and juniper berries in a food processor and grind or pulse until consistency is a fine powder.
- Add essential oils and stir to combine.
- Fill ornaments halfway with salt mixture. Optionally, add western red cedar tips upright to be trees in the snow.
- Screw lid on tightly and attach a ribbon for hanging.
Ornaments can be hung on the tree as decorations, then used after the holidays. Unscrew the top of the ornament, pour contents into running bath water, and enjoy!
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
- Bath salts will remain usable for up to a year.
- To prolong the effectiveness of the essential oils, store in a cool, dry place away from direct light.