A natural humectant, glycerin makes a lovely base for this lip stain. It will hold in moisture and give your lip stain lasting color and shine. Customize the hue using a range of richly colored pigment powders.
- Warm Red: ½ tsp. americana red oxide
- Cool/Berry Red: ⅛ tsp. americana red oxide, ½ tsp plus ⅛ tsp purple pigment
- Mauve: ¾ tsp purple, scant ⅛ tsp. yellow oxide
- Cool, Light Pink: ⅛ tsp. americana red oxide, ¼ tsp purple pigment powder, scant ⅛ tsp white oxide for oil
- Muted Coral: ¾ tsp. yellow oxide, scant ⅛ tsp. americana red oxide
- Dust mask
- (Though pigments are safe and non-toxic, they can stain clothes and hands. A mask is also helpful to prevent accidental inhalation of powders.)
- Wax paper
- 2 oz amber glass bottle
- Determine your desired color by mixing pigment combinations in very small amounts.
- Once you have decided on a color combination, measure the full ¾ tsp. of pigments and mix together carefully on wax paper using a clean spoon.
- In a mixing bowl, add glycerin to water and whisk until dissolved.
- Pour the pigments from the wax paper into the mixing bowl and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into amber jar or other container of choice.
How To Use:
Wait a day before using to let colors fully blend. Apply with a lip brush or q-tip.
- The iron oxides, red, brown and yellow, are very strongly pigmented and will easily overpower other pigments. Start with a small amount at a time and gradually add more if needed.
- To create more subtle shades, you can either use less total powder in your mixture, add a small amount of white or experiment with adding a small amount of the color opposite on the color wheel to subdue a bright hue.
Shelf Life and Storage Information: Store in the refrigerator. Product should last 3-6 months.