A calmer day or a brighter outlook is just a simple spray away. Follow the blend suggestions below or adapt this recipe using your favorite essential oils.
Essential Oil Blends:
- Relaxing Sleep: 20 drops lavender essential oil, 20 drops tranquility essential oil blend
- Mood Uplifting: 20 drops sweet orange essential oil, 10 drops ylang ylang essential oil, 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- Soothing Forest: 10 drops cedarwood essential oil, 10 drops lavender essential oil, 10 drops rosemary essential oil, 10 drops sweet orange essential oil
- There are also several premixed essential oil blends available.
- ½ cup distilled water
- 1 Tbsp. vodka or everclear (Note: these ingredients help disperse the oils into the water and help the scent linger in the air longer while also extending the recipe’s shelf life)
- 30-40 drops essential oils
- Blend all ingredients together in a 4 ounce spray bottle with a fine mist spray top. (If you are sensitive to strong aromas, you may want to start out using less essential oils).
- Stir or shake gently to combine.
- Let the spray sit a day before using to allow scents to combine.
Shake spray bottle gently before using for best results. Use aromatherapy mist in your room or car, as well as on your body. Mist the soles of your feet, back of your neck and pillow.
Shelf life and Storage Information: Store in a cool, dry and dark place. Aromatherapy spray should remain effective for 18 months or longer if not exposed to light or heat, or left uncapped.