Cradle cap is common, and a result of overproduction of the oil by the sebaceous glands of the scalp. A great way to help loosen the flakes and restore balance is with a daily oil massage. Jojoba oil closely resembles the sebum produced by the scalp, and can help signal the body to stop oil overproduction.
- Mix ingredients in a small bowl; shake or stir to combine.
- Store in an amber glass bottle, or in a cool, dark place.
How to Use Cradle Cap Oil:
- Warm the oil and massage gently onto scalp.
- Let oil soak in at least 10 minutes.
- Gently brush loosened scales from the scalp with a very soft brush or warm washcloth.
- Alternatively, leave oil on overnight, then gently pat scalp with warm, damp washcloth in the morning.
- If flakes do not easily loosen, do not pick them off, as this leaves scalp more vulnerable to infection.