A little bit of this brightening cream goes a long way to help draw attention to your eyes and facial structure, especially at the cheek and brow bones. With vitamin E and rosehip seed oil, this cream is beneficial for your skin as well!
Pigment Suggestions for Skin Tones:
The goal of this cream is to add just a hint of color, slightly lighter than your skin tone to highlight and brighten. Test a small amount of pigment powder on your wrist to find the right color combination. The pigment sampler contains both the white pigment powder and several different colored pigments for experimenting.
- 3/4 tsp. emulsifying wax
- 1/4 tsp. vitamin E oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. rosehip seed oil (or other fast absorbing carrier oil, such as apricot kernel oil or grapeseed oil)
- 1/8 tsp. arrowroot powder
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. distilled or boiled water (warm)
- 1/4 tsp. white pigment powder (for water)
- Pinch of pigment powders to match skin tone (see pigment suggestions below)
- Combine the emulsifying wax, carrier oil and arrowroot powder in a double boiler and melt over low heat.
- While these are melting, dissolve the white oxide pigment powder in warm water that has been distilled or boiled.
- Remove melted oils from heat and slowly whisk in the water-oxide mixture.
- Once emulsified, blend in pigment(s) of choice.
- Pour mixture into a small glass bottle or plastic container.
- Apply with a small clean makeup brush or Q-tip, taking care not to double dip.
- Dab on cheek and brow bones.
- Layer on more or less as desired and blend in well with brush.
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
Using clean applicators will extend the life of the product. Store in a cool place. Product should last 6 months.