This simple facial mask works well to nourish and cleanse all types of skin. With just three ingredients, the powder is simple to throw together every few weeks. The use of cultured dairy to moisten the dry ingredients adds just enough acidity to soften the skin gently and effectively.
- Use a blender or food processor to roughly grind oatmeal. Be careful not to process it so long that it becomes a flour.
- Add clay and ¼ cup coarse ground oatmeal to a small bowl; mix well to combine. Drop in essential oils and whisk, breaking up any clumps that may have been created by oils. Store mixture in an airtight container for later use.
How to Use Clay and Oatmeal Facial Mask:
- Add 2-3 tsp. of dried mask powder to the palm of your hand. Add the equivalent amount of cultured dairy and gently mix well with clean fingers until a paste is formed.
- Rub mask thinly all over face and neck, as desired. Leave on skin at least 5 minutes, 10 minutes if skin is especially oily or less sensitive.
- Use warm water and a washcloth to rinse mask off thoroughly.