Similar to a popular brand of clay-based toothpaste, this recipe is simple enough to throw together quickly but good enough to make again and again. Add your favorite essential oils – just be sure to lower the amount if using cinnamon oil, a notoriously hot oil. The sweetener in this recipe is optional, but makes it taste more like commercial toothpaste.
- Combine clay, salt, sweetener, and essential oil in a small, sealable container. Mix together gently with a fork until well combined.
- Add water, one tablespoon at a time, to achieve a very thick paste-like consistency. Mix thoroughly to incorporate all ingredients evenly into the paste.
- Cover tightly and store in a cool place for up to 1 month.
How to Use Clay-Based Toothpaste:
- Dip dry toothbrush into paste or, to be extra cautious of contaminating paste, wash hands thoroughly and then dip clean, dry finger into paste.
- Spread on toothbrush and use as you would commercial toothpaste.