A lotion bar is a simple concoction that emulsifies beeswax, nourishing fats, and butters. These ingredients penetrate the skin to moisturize while maintaining a clean but lasting finish due to the beeswax and shea butter. This warm combination of essential oils is perfect for winter.
- Double boiler
- Soap Shaping Mold
- Melt beeswax and avocado oil in a double boiler. Stir until beeswax has melted into avocado oil.
- Gently add shea butter and continue to stir until it has just melted into the beeswax and oil. As soon as the shea butter is melted, remove from heat. Be careful not to heat mixture too long, otherwise the shea butter can begin to form an unwanted grainy texture.
- Cool for just a few minutes while you ready molds for your lotion bars.
- After just a couple of minutes, mix in the essential oils and then pour immediately into the molds. Be sure to pour before the mixture begins to set up. If you are delayed, simply reheat the mixture very gently until it is completely liquefied and proceed with filling molds.
- Allow lotion mixture to sit in molds for a few hours to set up.