For a very simple gift in a jar, try making this festive and sweet scrub. In this recipe, red and white striped sugar is scented with peppermint essential oil for a scrub that looks and smells good enough to eat.
- In a mixing bowl, pour jojoba oil over sugar and stir well until evenly coated.
- Add peppermint essential oil and stir.
- Separate sugar mixture into two equal bowls.
- Add red food coloring to one bowl and mix well until color is evenly distributed.
- In a decorative jar or bottle, layer white and red mixtures alternating, to create the candy cane stripe effect.
- Scoop one or more tablespoons out with a clean spoon.
- Use in the shower as an exfoliating and moisturizing scrub, rubbing in circular motions, then rinsing with warm water.
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
- Sugar scrub is best used within 3 months.
- Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place and always use a clean spoon or scoop to prevent introduction of foreign bacteria.
- Consult these safety tips to determine when your product has reached its shelf life.
Safety Information: Peppermint essential oil should not be used on or around children. For more information, consult these essential oil safety guidelines.