This all-purpose salve can be used for any and all minor injuries to replace commercial anti-bacterial creams.
- Create an herbal-infused oil using one of the following methods: Quick method -- Combine the coconut oil, olive oil, and dried herbs in the bowl of a double boiler. Simmer for 30 minutes. Solar method -- Omit coconut oil. Add an extra ½ cup olive oil; combine the oils and herbs in a jar. Allow them to sit in indirect sunlight for several weeks.
- Carefully strain the herbs from the oil using a coffee filter or several layers of cheesecloth. Be quick with this step if using the quick infusion method, as the oil must remain warm in order to strain it from the herbs. Press the herbs gently to extract all of the oil.
- Return the strained oil to the double boiler and add the wax. Warm gently until the wax has melted into the oil. Remove the mixture from heat and immediately mix in the rosehip oil, tea tree oil, and lavender oil.
- Pour into a clean, sterile airtight container to cool and set.
How to Use Calendula and Olive Leaf Healing Salve:
- Apply liberally to minor scrapes, scratches, cuts, bug bites, and sores.