When the summer insect swarm hits, use this super-easy bug bite stick to relieve itches naturally. This recipe uses lip balm tubes so it’s perfect for on-the-go relief!
- 3 Tbsp. chamomile infused coconut oil (click here to learn how to make an herbal oil infusion)
- 2 Tbsp. beeswax pearls
- 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 6 drops vitamin E oil
- Prepare your lip balm tubes by removing the lids and lining up the tubes on a counter covered in plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Measure all ingredients into the double boiler.
- Warm slowly, and monitor closely until the ingredients begin to melt.
- Stir gently with the rubber spatula, until the mixture is completely melted and the ingredients are well combined.
- Carefully pour the bug bite relief ingredients into the glass measuring pitcher and then pour into the prepared lip balm tubes.
- Allow to cool and harden for at least 3 hours.
Rub gently on fresh bug bites. Avoid using on broken skin. Apply as many times as needed if irritation persists.
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
Store in a cool environment. Will keep for up to 2 years.