Savor the scents of the season with a pot of fragrant spices, flowers, roots and seeds, enhanced with organic essential oils. Package in a decorative jar and bring to holiday gatherings for a perfect host/hostess gift.
- 4 Tbsp. dried orange peel
- 4 Tbsp. dried rose buds and petals
- 4 Tbsp. lemongrass
- 1 Tbsp. whole or ground cloves
- 1 Tbsp. dried ginger root
- 1 Tbsp. star anise
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 5-10 drops cinnamon leaf essential oil
- 5-10 drops clove bud essential oil
- 5-10 drops sweet orange essential oil
- Combine all dry ingredients in a clean bowl mixing and stir.
- Add essential oils drop by drop, spreading them evenly over the mixture, then stir again.
- Scoop into an 8 oz jar or other airtight container to store.
- Add 2 tbsp or more to a pot of water and simmer on low heat.
- Potpourri can be used on the stovetop or on top of a wood stove.
Shelf Life and Storage Information:
- Store in a cool, dry place, tightly sealed and away from direct sunlight to prolong fragrance and shelf-life.
- Best used within 1-3 months.
- Follow these helpful tips to know when your product has reached its shelf life.
Keep cinnamon and clove essential oils out of reach of children. Consult these guidelines on essential oil safety for more information.