Activated charcoal is a well-known toxin remover, making this mask both cleansing and soothing for your skin and pores.
- non-metal mixing bowl
- wooden or plastic mixing utensil
- cosmetic or other brush
- In a small non-metal bowl, mix together all ingredients with a wooden or plastic spoon.
- Use a cosmetic or other brush to apply the mixture to your face. Be careful to avoid your eyes and mouth.
- Let the mask sit on your face until it dries, then remove it with a warm washcloth, rinse your face with cool water, and pat dry.
A Few Safety Notes
Always perform a patch test before using a new product to test for sensitivities.
Ready to Learn More?
- See what else you can do with your coconut oil: 15 Personal Care Tricks Using Coconut Oil
- Use charcoal in more body care products: Activated Charcoal Salve
- Or, try out more homemade face mask recipes: Spiced Mocha Face Mask | Clay and Oatmeal Facial Mask