Milk kefir combines well with all sorts of foods, especially rich ingredients like sour cream and avocado. It imparts tang and an almost cheesy flavor to savory snack foods, like this smoky, spicy sauce.
- 2 very ripe large avocados
- ½-1 cup milk kefir, as needed to thin
- ½-1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼-½ tsp. ground chipotle powder
- Cut avocados in half vertically, and scoop out the soft flesh into a small bowl. Mash well with a fork.
- Add sea salt and vinegar and mix well. Pour milk kefir in, starting with a 1/2 cup, until avocado kefir mixture is thinned. Make it thinner for a salad dressing and thicker for a topping or dip.
- Add chipotle powder a little at a time, mixing well after each addition, until desired spiciness is reached.
- Serve over any savory dish.